Adult Formation Opportunities
- A number of Adult Forums are offered throughout the year from 11:30am–12:30pm in the Library on the 5th floor.
- Forums are typically on Sundays after the 10am service and Coffee Hour.
- Speakers involved in areas such as
- social issues
- current events
- the arts
- and more…
- are invited to enrich and educate our parishioners.
- For more information, contact Deacon Carol Smith.
Father Jonathan offers a series of classes to welcome those new to Grace and/or the Episcopal Church. The series are held in 3-week sessions twice a year. Email Father Jonathan if you are interested in learning more.
Current Newcomer Classes:
- January 7, 14, 21, & 28, 2018
- 9am (between Sunday morning services)
- Upstairs office suite
- Email Father Jonathan to learn more.
ADULT & TEEN CONFIRMATION
The Book of Common Prayer defines Confirmation as:
“a mature public affirmation of faith and commitment to the responsibilities of Baptism.”
If you are interested in learning about Confirmation classes in the Episcopal Church, please contact Father Jonathan.
SHORT-TERM LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Each year during Lent, and occasionally during Advent, Grace offers opportunities to delve deeper into scripture and faith. Recent bible studies have included Paul’s letter to the Galatians and the Psalms. In Lent 2017, we explored the meaning of the cross in the 21st century. In the early fall of 2017 we held a "Legacies of the Reformation" series where we explored the significance of the Protestant Reformation for contemporary Christianity and Anglicanism. We had Professor Lee Palmer Wandel of UW-Madison come and speak, and ended the series with a Choral Evensong and Exploration of hymnody from the 16th & 17th centuries.
Please visit this site again to learn about upcoming learning opportunities.