at Grace Episcopal Church
Central Downtown Location
Situated on the Capitol Square, Grace Episcopal Church is in the heart of downtown Madison. A historic fixture in this vibrant city center, Grace is just steps from Lake Monona, the Monona Terrace, the Overture Center, State Street, and the University of Wisconsin, as well as numerous restaurants, hotels, and reception venues. Our central location and English-style courtyard garden provide the perfect photo opportunities to capture the essence of your downtown wedding.
Anyone is welcome at Grace Church
You do not have to have an Episcopal service nor be an Episcopalian to get married at Grace. If you are Episcopalian, please contact our Rector, The Reverend Dr. D. Jonathan Grieser to discuss your plans. If you are not Episcopalian, you should speak with our Wedding Coordinator.
Grace Church has a Wedding Coordinator on staff who will help you plan the details leading up to your ceremony. She will respond to all initial wedding inquiries, schedule a time for you to tour the church, answer any questions, and provide a directory of helpful resources in planning your wedding. Either Pat Werk or an alternate wedding coordinator is on-site during the rehearsal and on the wedding day. Her duties are to help orchestrate the flow of the day, provide support to your wedding party and guests, troubleshoot and issues that might arise, and ensure that your ceremony runs as smoothly as possible. Contact her to schedule a tour or ask questions about getting married at Grace: Email Pat Werk or call (608) 213-7558.
“Pat was a ‘godsend!’ Without her expertise, thoughtfulness, assistance and time, whether to meet at the Church or answer countless emails … this special day would have fallen short. …that, combined with the beauty of Grace Church, is a combination no parent nor bride and groom should
How to get started planning your wedding
at Grace Church:
- If you are a member of Grace Church or an Episcopalian, please contact our Rector.
- Download the Grace Church Wedding Brochure.
- Check the Grace Church Wedding Calendar to see if your wedding date is available, or contact the Wedding Coordinator, Pat Werk, (608) 213-7558.
- Download and read our Wedding Handbook. This information will answer many of your questions upfront.
- Contact Grace Church Wedding Coordinator, Pat Werk, (608) 213-7558 to set up a tour. At this meeting, additional questions can be addressed and more detailed information and guidelines for getting married at the church are provided.
- After confirming your date with the Wedding Coordinator, submit your Wedding Application and deposit. **Please note that your wedding date is not officially reserved until the Wedding Coordinator receives the application, deposit, and approves the date and time block requested.
- Same-sex couple are welcome to be married at Grace. Please contact our Rector, the Rev. Dr. D. Jonathan Grieser.